Friday August 10, 2018 at 7 PM
463 Showers Road
DuBois, Pa 15801
All rules will be followed. No Exceptions! Any cars found not following rules will not be able to run.
Each driver and all mechanics have an obligation to read these rules for their best interest.
Drivers meeting will be held 30 minutes before the beginning of the demo.
The Demolition Derby is promoted as an unusual attraction. In the interest of safety, drivers and mechanics are subject to, and must obey, the following rules and regulations, which are set up by the track where the event is being held.
A. All drivers must supply their own car. Proof of ownership may be required on each car entered. The car (one car only) is qualified for the feature. In each schedule Derby, cars must compete in an honest effort to win heat.
B. All drivers must be at least 16 years of age. Pit persons must be at least 16 years of age. Nobody under 16 years of age can drive or be in the pit area. No spectators allowed on the track area.
C. The track or promoter reserves the right to approve or reject any and all entries.
D. All persons must sign the release sheet and receive a pit pass to be permitted in the pit area or work on the track. Registration will cost $25.00, which will include one car. Driver is additional $20.00. All other pit passes are $20.00 each. Pit passes are only for admission to pits and do not admit you to bleacher seating or to carnival rides. Regular fair gate admission ticket required for bleacher seating or carnival rides.
E. No drinking of alcoholic beverages on track or in pit. Cars and trucks may be searched before entering pit area. Any driver or pit person under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be immediately disqualified and removed from grounds.
F. Any driver or crewmember disobeying the rules will cause his or her car to be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated and will be grounds for disqualification and barring from future derbies. Drivers are responsible for the actions of their crewmembers. All pit crew must sign in and be associated with a registered demo car.
G. Contestants are not employees of the Sykesville Ag & Youth Fair. Sykesville Ag & Youth Fair officials and promoters of this event will not be held responsible for any other damage caused by a driver’s negligence of the track or in the pit area.
H. The promoter, track owner, or fair association will not be held responsible for any cars, parts, or personal property before, during and after the show or overnight.
I. Car and driver must sign in at registration desk at least one-half hour prior to show time.
J. No speeding allowed in pits.
K. No weapons allowed on fairgrounds.
Towing and transporting cars
Towing and transporting Demolition Derby cars to and from race locations must meet highway
safety codes. (Including proper light controls, safety chains, tow bars, towing trailers, etc.)
Type of car
No pre-bent wedge cars will be accepted for competition. Compact cars –may be 4 or 6 cylinder, front wheel drive.
Preparation of car
Remove the following before arriving at fairgrounds or track:
1. All glass including windshield, side windows, rear window, head and taillights. Rolling windows down in not permitted.
2. All fiberglass, rubber or plastic header panels, headlight and tail light extensions must be removed prior to start time.
3. Auto must be swept clean. No junk tires, wheels, metal parts, broken glass etc. allowed in car.
4. Chrome molding strips and complete rear seat must be removed. On station wagons all rear seats must be removed.
5. Any sharp protruding fins or dangerous objects must be mashed down or cut off.
6. Bumper may be reinforced at mounting points. Officials’ discretion will apply. Fenders and bumper ends may be trimmed to allow for wheel clearance. On late models, shock bumper may be lightly welded or short pieces of chain from bolt on bumper to bolt on frame may be used.
7. Welded solid or chained down engine mounts are recommended.
8. Radiators must remain in original position or be taken out. Comparable replacement radiators are permitted. Radiators or cooling systems must be filled with water only or environmentally safe antifreeze. Transmission coolers are permitted but only if they are secured inside the engine compartment. Homemade radiators will be allowed only if they have a pressure relief valve. No overflow hoses pointed upward. They must be directed toward the ground. (No exceptions.)
9. Four bar cage may be used around driver, over top of steering column from drivers side to passenger side. 6”X6” plates may be used to fasten to inside of car. Cannot be attached to floor, side to side only.
10. All doors must be fastened shut by chains, or welding for the drivers’ safety. 3” on, 3” off welds allowed per door, trunk or tailgate. No limit on welding the drivers’ door. Coil springs must be welded to axle only.
11. Any battery size is permitted. Battery must be removed from original position, and must be placed on the floorboard of the drivers’ compartment and securely fastened and covered with a rubber cover.
12. Hood, trunk, or tailgate must be wired in six (6) places each if not welded. Light chains may be used on trunk or tailgate. Wiring must be from sheet metal to sheet metal. No other wiring to bumpers or frames. No welding of bumpers to body. No bands or cables can be used from sheet metal to frame. Official’s decision on over use of wires or chains
will be final. Hoods must remain on cars. Hoods must have an opening at least 12 inches by 12 inches square in case of fire. Inside trunk must be visible for inspector. No extra body mounts or reinforcements from body to frame.
13. Hood may be fastened down with four (4) three quarter inch bolts. Hood hinges must remain on car. Hood springs must be removed. Hood must be able to open for inspection.
14. Cars may be numbered. If you pick you own number, paint it clearly. Special numbers are permitted. Please add number on roof. If someone has already registered the same number, a new number will be assigned. No profanity of any kind will be allowed on any portion of the car.
15. Stock gas tanks must be removed from original position and placed in front of rear axle and no farther forward than the rear of the front seat; all tanks must be securely fastened to floor and covered; a portable tank must be fastened down securely and covered with a rubber cover. No Exceptions. Gas lines and fittings to fuel tanks must be secured and leak proof. Only metal or rubber gas lines are permitted. No plastic lines! Approximately four (4) gallons of gas permitted per heat. Electric fuel pumps permitted on fuel-injected cars only. Switches must be located on top of dash in front of driver. No plastic fuel tanks! Inspection official will give final approval on tanks and fittings.
16. Each driver and all mechanics must sign in at registration desk the day of the show and have their car inspected at least one hour prior to show time.
17. It is recommended that the driver’s door be reinforced inside with steel bar, angle iron, or pipe, length not to extend more than eight (8) inches on either end of driver’s door. Door to door bracing is allowed, but only in front of and behind front seat.
18. It is mandatory that an opening be cut in hood over carburetor, approximately 12” or larger, square or diameter. Visibility is mandatory into trunk area. No additional welding or reinforcing or tailgate is permitted.
19. Tires must be D.O.T. approved – 8 ply maximum tires. Tires may be doubled. No studs or screw in rims to hold tires. Valve stem protectors are allowed. No split rims. Wheel weights must be removed. (No Hyster Tires)
20. A strong wire or nylon mesh screen is required on drivers’ windshield area.
21. Front and rear spring suspension, stock appearing, is up to the discretion of official.
22. Suspensions must move. No locked suspensions.
23. No personal vehicles in pits. Tow vehicles only
1. Stock bumpers only. No Full Size Bumper Swaps. Bumpers may be welded or chained at mounting points to help prevent coming off. Bracing will be inspected by officials and may be determined to be too much. Officials’ discretion.
2. Cars may not be smashed down or wedged in rear.
3. No fuel tanks or batteries may be held down with ratchet straps.
4. Cars must have working suspension. No welded struts or otherwise to lift cars. Front bumpers must be from a compact car. (No Full size car bumpers permitted 5. Bumpers are allowed to be reinforced with material inside. (square tubing, c-channel)
6. Bumpers may be attached and reinforced at mounting points with added material not extending any further than 10 inches inside of frame.
7. A door-to- door brace is strongly recommended behind front seat.
1. Safety belt, Z-90 or better approved helmet, goggles, safety glasses or face shields are required.
2. No deliberate hitting on the drivers door.
3. Vehicles must have dependable brakes at all times and boundaries must be observed.
4. No cars are permitted in the competition area before the heat in which they are to participate.
5. A vehicle will be disqualified if the drivers’ door comes open during the event.
6. One (1) minute limit is enforced by the track officials for restarts and making competitive contact with another car. Hits must be aggressive. Simple contact within the time limit does not constitute combat and could be considered sandbagging!
7. All cars are to be removed from the track and fairgrounds following the show or they will become the property of the Sykesville Ag & Youth Fair and the officials will have them removed (unless otherwise specified at the drivers meeting). A removal deposit may be required.
8. A $25.00 protest fee is required to contest another car – $ 25.00 will go to protested car if found okay.
9. A fire extinguisher is recommended at close reach in driver’s compartment.
10. Vehicles will be disqualified after a second fire in same event.
11. No one riding on outside of cars anytime due to insurance regulations.
12. Car may be disqualified for poor overall condition upon discretion of judge.
Additional safety regulations may be imposed, depending on track.
Boundaries must be observed at all times. Any car shoved or driven out of bounds may be immediately disqualified if Derby official feels it’s a safety hazard.
The Derby will be composed of individual heats and one Feature with cash prizes going to the winners of each heat and grand prize is going to the winner of the Feature.
Decision of the official is final.
These rules supersede any and all rules previously used. Rules subject to change.
Friday August 10, 2018
Compact Car Demolition Derby Total prizes and trophies offered over $5,500*
Number of heats will be determined by the number of cars.
Last 5 cars running in each heat will receive $75.00 and a trophy and will be moved to the feature event.
Fans choice from each heat will receive a trophy and move into the feature event.
Last 2 cars running will be moved into the feature.
1st place will receive $ 2,000.00 and a trophy
2nd place will receive $ 1,200.00 and a trophy
3rd place will receive $ 450.00 and a trophy
4th place will receive $ 300.00 and a trophy
5th place will receive $ 150.00 and a trophy
*Total payout dependent on number of cars registered for demo